Volunteers might help us set up and work at various events through out the year, write letters to the editor about campaign issues, help gather petition signatures for campaign, and build coalitions on campus
Agency: Impact! | date posted: Sep 23, 2016 | date to expire: Aug 31, 2018 |
We are seeking volunteers to support our weekly charity bingo games. This fun and fast paced opportunity involves selling games and helping to run our games. You have the chance to support our shelter while working with a great group of people.
Agency: Rocky Mountain Feline Rescue | date posted: Aug 9, 2017 | date to expire: Dec 31, 2018 |
We are seeking volunteers to help support our weekly charity bingo games. We need people to help us sell and run our games which are our primary fundraising source. This is a fun and fast paced opportunity with a great group of people.
Our bingo volunteers sell bingo cards, sell a variety of scratch ticket type games, and help to verify and pay winners. You will need to be able to make change and can expect to do a lot of walking.
Our bingo games are every Monday and Tuesday from 6:30 to 9:30 pm.
Agency: Rocky Mountain Feline Rescue | date posted: Sep 6, 2017 | date to expire: Dec 31, 2018 |
The Summer Volunteer Program is perfectly suitable for the first timers as well as experienced adventurers alike, who wish to explore Thailand responsibly. be a part of the program and enjoy a bustling weekend in Bangkok where you will see the best sights, experience the fun-filled nightlife and help support the city’s underprivileged communities.
Watch the countryside roll by as you travel towards the Elephant Capital, Surin. Here, you will discover the importance of Surin’s beautiful Silk trade and then get some amazing ‘face to trunk’ time, living amongst the elephants as part of one of Thailand’s friendliest communities. Spend quality time with the mahouts (caretakers of elephants) and know more about their daily lives.
Before heading back to Bangkok, it’s time to challenge yourself by trekking through one of Thailand’s most beautiful national parks in a true Indiana Jones style! You'll then be back to Bangkok to bid a sad farewell – or maybe not? If you’re not ready to leave just yet, why not join us for another 7-days' party on the beautiful beaches of Koh Phangan!
The exciting joyride in Thailand is calling all high school/ college students, gap year travelers, and backpackers! Visit: https://www.volunteeringsolutions.com/thailand/summer-volunteer-thailand
Agency: Volunteering Solutions | date posted: Nov 2, 2017 | date to expire: Jul 31, 2018 |
Through CFI’s “Peak Stewards” program, volunteers play a vital role in educating Fourteener hikers about Leave No Trace practices designed to minimize on-the-ground resource impacts. Talks at education and outreach events, including REI’s “How to Climb a 14er” clinics, reach hikers before they leave town. Peak Stewards also serve as ambassadors in the field, contacting hikers while climbing Fourteeners to reinforce Leave No Trace practices, as well as monitoring visitor actions for the Forest Service. Volunteers undergo a thorough one-day training program before being deployed to the peaks or community talks. A day of classroom training covers background information about alpine plants and animals, Forest Service visitor regulations, Leave No Trace practices developed specifically for the high-alpine Fourteeners, and visitor contact skills. Classroom training is followed by a day of field training, so volunteers can put theory into practice. Once trained, Peak Stewards commit to spending four days per season making contact with hikers out in the field or doing outreach events. Volunteers can choose when and where they work, but are encouraged to devote attention to high-use Front Range peaks on heavily used summer weekends.
Agency: Colorado Fourteeners Initiative | date posted: Mar 7, 2018 | date to expire: Oct 1, 2018 |
Our big annual Denver Digs Trees distribution day is happening on Sat. April 21st. There are a number of fun and exciting ways folks can be involved that day, and also throughout the surrounding week. Depending on the size of your group, some of these may be a better fit than others. Here's an overview of various opportunities:
• Tree Unloading Day - Weds April 18th from 8am to ~4pm. On this exciting day, over 1,000 new trees arrive from the nurseries and we need all the help we can get to unload them from trucks and organize them at our two distribution locations: City Park and Sloan's Lake. Free snacks and good karma included!
• Early Pick-Up Day - Fri April 20th from 7:30am to 10:30am. Volunteers help staff a mini pre-distribution for applicants who are unable to pick up their trees on Sat. Diggers (volunteer planting crews) will also be picking up their trees to get a jump start on their planting routes the next morning. Let the games begin!
• Denver Digs Trees Distribution Day - Sat April 21st from 7am to ~noon. Almost better that Christmas... this day hundreds of excited Denver residents come to pick up their shiny new trees and plant them in the community. It's so fulfilling to help send a virtual forest of baby trees out to their new homes!
o Volunteers fill a variety of on-site roles at both distribution sites (City Park and Sloan's Lake) to make sure everyone leaves with the right tree(s), plenty of mulch, planting & care info, and a smile on their face. Free snacks and good karma included!
o Volunteer Digger Crews are also dispatched across the entire city to help deliver and plant trees for applicants who are physically unable to do so themselves. These crews are comprised of a volunteer crew leader (training provided) and their diggers; each crew will be provided with a route of clustered planting addresses, instructions, and tools if they need them. Training is provided.
• Denver Digs Trees Yard and Fruit Tree Sale - Sat April 21st from 11am to ~4pm. In conjunction with distribution day, we are also pleased to host our annual tree sale offering a variety of fruiting, flowering, and shade trees at both distribution sites. These trees are available on a first-come, first-served basis and anyone is welcome to come shop this sale regardless of where they live. It's a great opportunity for non Denver residents to get discounted trees and for people to choose from additional tree species for planting on private property. Volunteers will fill a variety of on-site roles and help us clean up after the sale concludes.
• Denver Digs Trees Extension Sales on Sun April 22nd - 12:30pm to 4:30pm and Mon April 23rd - 7:45am to 10:15am. No trees left behind! After distribution day, we host Extension Tree Sales at City Park in order to find homes for any unclaimed trees that remain after the big day. We will also have a certain number of fruit and flowering trees available. Tree handlers and cashiers needed.
Agency: The Park People | date posted: Mar 27, 2018 | date to expire: Apr 21, 2018 |