Join our ReStore staff for a morning or afternoon of helping customers, assisting our drivers as they pick up donations or organizing the ReStore warehouse dock, yard, and floor. No experience is necessary, just a willingness to work hard and be apart of Habitat's mission.
Agency: Habitat for Humanity of Metro Denver | date posted: Nov 6, 2013 | date to expire: Jul 1, 2020 |
If you enjoy children and would like to be active with a dynamic team of social service providers, this may be the perfect fit for you!
Agency: Family Tree | date posted: Jun 15, 2017 | date to expire: Jun 30, 2019 |
Join our ReStore staff for a morning or afternoon of helping customers, assisting our drivers as they pick up donations or organizing the ReStore warehouse dock, yard, and floor. No experience is necessary, just a willingness to work hard and be a part of Habitat's mission.
Agency: Habitat for Humanity of Metro Denver | date posted: Jan 24, 2018 | date to expire: Jan 1, 2028 |
We are looking for a volunteer: Someone the has experience with WordPress and advanced computer skills.
Agency: Working Warrior Group | date posted: Jan 8, 2019 | date to expire: Nov 29, 2019 |
Extreme Teams provide a volunteer opportunity that focus on specific target areas during Extreme Community Makeover (ECM) Work Days. There are ten unique teams, which are described in more detail below. The Program Team is more task-oriented, while the Strategy Team is more relational-oriented.
Program Team • Logistics: The Logistics Team will facilitate the Work Days running as smoothly and efficiently as possible. Focus areas include checking in volunteers as they arrive, selling merchandise, making sure liability forms are completed, preparing for lunch, cleaning up after lunch, and helping with any other tasks that arise during the Work Days.
• Photography: The Photography Team will share stories visually and create memories from the Work Days for residents and volunteers through photos. These photos will be used for the website, blog posts, print materials, and social media, as well as personalized postcards for residents and volunteers.
• Projects: The Projects Team will serve as a resource for ensuring projects are completed to the best of everyone’s ability. Focus areas include distributing yard signs to identify homes where projects are taking place, managing the dumpster and trash/debris removal, and answering project related questions that arise from volunteers and Project Leaders.
• Video: The Video Team will tell stories that happen through Work Days, as well as share goals of the organization through videos. These videos will be used for the website, blog posts, social media, and other types of communication and marketing, as well as special events.
Strategy Team • Communications: The Communications Team will engage residents and volunteers in conversations during Work Days in order to learn about their experience. After each Work Day, the team member will put together a blog post to share online and on social media in order to tell stories of what happens through the Work Days.
• Follow-Up: The Follow-Up Team will connect residents with available resources in their community through sharing resource packets that highlight programs and services available through partner organizations.
• Fundraising: The Fundraising Team will fill focus on events. During the Work Days, the team will jump in wherever needed to help the day run smoothly and to cover shifts at the Command Center. The team will also assist with fundraising events throughout the year.
• Neighborhood: The Neighborhood Team will connect people in the neighborhoods where ECM works in order to encourage people to get to know more of their neighbors. Team members reside in the neighborhoods where ECM works. Focus areas also include getting the word out about future Work Days and making connections for projects for future Work Days.
• Supplies: The Supplies Team will check in with volunteer groups to make sure they have the supplies needed to complete their projects on Work Days, while monitoring the inventory of available supplies at the Command Center and toolshed. Team members will also develop relationships with businesses that can provide project supplies at discounted prices or at no cost.
• Survey: The Survey Team will facilitate communication between English and Spanish speakers during Work Days, since team members are bilingual. This team is also part of the Survey Day, which begins the process of initiating conversations to identify projects for future Work Days.
Agency: Extreme Community Makeover | date posted: Mar 1, 2019 | date to expire: Dec 31, 2019 |